Please Note- I am sharing the information the book Magic during this 21 day nationwide lockdown as no one can buy new books right now. Once the lockdown is over, I will be deleting these post and recommend you purchase this lovely book :)
It’s impossible to be negative when you’re grateful. It’s impossible to criticize and blame when you’re grateful. It’s impossible to feel sad or have any negative feeling when you’re grateful. And the best news is that if you have any negative situations in your life currently, it wont take a long period of time to transform them with gratitude. The negative situations will disappear in a puff of smoke – just like magic!
First, as difficult as it may be, you have to look for things to be grateful for in the negative situation. No matter how bad things are, you can always find something to be grateful for, especially when you know that your gratitude will magically transform every negative circumstance.
Walt Disney, who knew about the true magic of life, showed us how to do this in his movie Pollyanna.
Disney’s 1960 movie Pollyanna featured “The Glad Game” which had profound effect on me when I was a child, I played The Glad Game featured in the movie through my childhood and adolescence. To play The Glad Game, you look for as many things as you can to be glad about, especially in a negative situation. Finding things to be grad about (or finding things to be grateful for) in a negative situation make the solutions appear!
Walt Disney demonstrated the magic power of gratitude in Pollyanna, and thousands of years earlier Buddha demonstrated the way to use the same magic power when he said:
Let Buddha’s words be your inspiration, and today take one problem or negative situation in your life that you most want to resolve, and look for ten things to be grateful for. I know it can be challenging to begin this practice, but Buddha is showing you the way to do it. Make a written list of ten things on your computer, or in your gratitude journal.
As an example, your problem might be that you’re out of work, and despite your best efforts, you’re still unemployed. To magically turn your best efforts, you’re still unemployed. To magically turn this situation around, you have to do a concentrated practice of gratitude on the situation. Here are some examples of what you might say:
1. I am so grateful to have more time to my family during this period.
2. I’m grateful that my life is in a lot better order because of the spare time I’ve had.
3. I am grateful that I’ve had a job most of my life, and that I am experienced.
4. I am truly grateful that this is the first time I’ve been unemployed.
5. I’m grateful that there are jobs out there, and more new jobs are appearing each day.
6. I am grateful for all the things I’ve learned in applying for jobs and in going for interviews.
7. I am grateful that I have my health and that I can work.
8. I’m grateful for my family’s encouragement and support.
9. I’m grateful for the rest I’ve had, because I needed it.
10. I’m grateful that through losing my job, I’ve realized how much having a job means to me. I had never realized that until now.
As a result of the unemployed person’s gratitude, they will attract different circumstances, and their current situation must and will magically change. The power of gratitude is greater than any negative situation, and there are unlimited ways that the negative situation can change. All you have to do is practice gratitude and watch the magic take place!
Let’s take another example; a son whose relationship with his father is troubled. The son feels that no matter what he does it never seems to be good enough for his father.
1. I am grateful that most of the relationships in my life are really good.
2. I’m grateful to my father for working hard so that I could have the education that he didn’t get to have.
3. I’m grateful to my father for supporting our family through my childhood, because I didn’t have a clue then how much hard work and money it took to keep our family going.
4. I’m grateful to my father for taking me to baseball every Saturday when I was a child.
5. I’m grateful that my father is not as tough on me these days as he used to b e in the past.
6. I’m grateful that my father cares so much about me, because he wouldn’t be tough if he didn’t care so much,
7. I’m grateful that though my relationship with my father I have learned to have compassion and a greater understanding with my children.
8. I’m grateful to my father for showing me how important encouragement is in raising happy, confident children.
9. I’m really grateful when I get to laugh with my father. Some people never got to do that because they didn’t have a father. And for others, who have lost their father, they will never have the chance to laugh with their father again.
10. I am so truly grateful that I have a father, because amid the tough times, there have been good times, and there will be more good times ahead with my father.
As a result of the son’s heartfelt feelings of gratitude for his father, he will change their relationship for the better. The son changed the way he thinks and feels about his father, which immediately changes what he attracts from his father. Even though the son was being grateful in his mind, at an energetic and quantum level, the son’s gratitude will have a magical effect on his relationship with his father. Provided he maintains his gratitude, by the law of attraction, the son must receive far better circumstances with his father, and their relationship must begin to improve immediately.
Remember, you can tell your gratitude in working by the way that you feel. You should feel a lot better about the situation after practicing gratitude. The first evidence of gratitude’s magical power working is your feelings lifting, so when you do feel better about it, you know the situation will improve and the solutions you want to resolve is to focus concentrated gratitude on it until you feel better inside; then you will see the magic work its wonder in the outside world.
In making your written list, make sure you list each of the ten things you’re grateful for in the following way:
I am so grateful for____________.
Or, I am truly grateful for____________.
And finish the sentence with what you’re grateful for. You can also use Walt Disney’s way of using gratitude’s magical power if you find it easier:
I am so glad that___________.
And finish the sentence with what you’re glad about.
Once you’ve listed ten things you’re grateful for, finish the Magical Way Out of Negativity practice by writing:
Thank you, thank you, thank you, for the perfect resolution.
And just for today, see if you can get through one day without saying anything negative. It may be a challenge, but see if you can make it though one day. There is an important reason to do this, because most of us have no idea how much we speak negatively, but you’ll gave an idea after watching your words for a day. Remember that negativity and complaint bring more of those things, and if you’re aware of what you’re saying you can stop and decide if you want the consequences of what you’re about to say. Here is a magic lifeline you can use if you notice yourself thinking and saying something negative. Stop immediately, and say:
But I have to say that I am really grateful for_____________.
Finish the rest of the sentence with something – anything – that you’re grateful for. Take this magic lifeline with you, and grab ahold of it whenever you need it.
And if any little problem or situation appears in the future, remember to put the embers with gratitude before it grows into a fire. At the same time you will ignite the magic in your life!
Magic Practice Number 7 The Magical Way Out of Negativity 1. Count Your Blessings: Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you're grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can. 2. Choose one problem or negative situation in your life that you most want to resolve. 3. List ten things that you are grateful for about the negative situation. 4. At the end of your list, write: Thank you, thank you, thank you, for the perfect resolution. 5. Just for today, see if you can get through one day without saying anything negative, Use the magic lifeline. Stop immediately and say: But I have to say that I am really grateful for___________. 6. Just before you go to sleep tonight, hold your Magic Rock in one hand, and say the magic words, thank you for the best thing that happened during the day.