Crostini Platter: Hello dear people! Hope you all are having an amazing week already. It’s snowing again out here and the weather is really bad, taking its toll on the health a bit, but never stops me from cooking 😀
About a few weeks back I had a small dinner party at my place. Trust me when I say this, I can cook a main course and desserts and plan the entire menu beautifully, but I sometimes tend to get stuck with appetizers and starters. I never feel like making something that’s too plain and boring for the guests, there always has to be something they’re gonna remember after they have it!
After racing my head for a while, I came down to the idea of Crostini. Crostini is an Italian appetizer, which is basically a small slice of toasted or grilled bread with various toppings! Usually, you can use baguette bread to make crostini (or bread which are round/oval in shape). These small cuties are amazing to impress the guests and can be presented beautifully too! Have a look at these beauties.
I haven’t included step-by-step pictures in the process because all you have to do is chop up the veggies. I’ll explain in details how to prepare these. Here we go!
Ingredients for Crostini Bites :
- Slices of small round/oval shaped bread: 6-7 (or how many you actually require)
- A handful of chopped bell peppers (a mix of red and yellow)
- A handful of chopped Zucchini
- ½ chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A few olives, sliced
- Herb and garlic butter as required
- Cheese: Grated/small pieces (any cheese of your choice)
Process of Making the Crostini Bites:
- In a bowl, mix all the chopped up veggies and the olives.
- Now add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Take one slice of bread; spread the herb garlic butter on one side. Now add the topping and then the cheese on top.
4. Repeat the same with all the slices.
5. Place all of them in an oven tray and bake them at 180 C for 10-12 mins (until the cheese just starts melting)
P.S. If you don’t have an oven, then after you spread the herb garlic butter on the bread slices and add the toppings and cheese, just heat some oil/butter in a pan on medium flame and place all the slices. Cover the pan with a lid. Keep it covered until the cheese starts melting. Once done take it out!
Enjoy these and make your guests happy 🙂