Cashew Benefits/ Kaju Benefits: Cashew nuts are one of the most favorite dry fruits of almost everyone. In India, it is known as Kaju and is used in a wide variety of cuisines. Apart from its rich taste it also carries extraordinary health benefits with them. Cashew nuts are rich in iron, magnesium, zinc, copper, phosphorus, manganese, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Therefore eating 4-5 cashew nuts can be very beneficial for an individual’s health. Here are some health benefits of eating cashew nuts:
- Heart health- Cashew nuts are rich in oleic acid which is very healthy for the heart. They are cholesterol free and anti-oxidants present in them keeps the heart away from any kind of diseases.
- Hair benefits- cashew nuts are full of copper content which helps your hair in gaining the color. Eating a handful of cashew can be very beneficial for your hair.
- Bones– cashew contains magnesium which is also very good for the health of bones.
- Weight loss– cashew contains good cholesterol which helps in weight loss if consumed twice a week.
- Prevents cancer- Consumption of cashew nuts are very beneficial for the prevention and cure of cancerous cells. It also reduces the chances of having colon cancer, which is one of the major health benefits of eating cashew nuts.
- Improves digestion- consumption of cashew nuts helps in improving the digestive functions.
- Gums and teeth- as cashew nuts are rich in calcium and magnesium; it helps in keeping the gums and teeth healthy.
- Pleasant sleep- cashew nuts are even helpful to those who find it difficult to sleep. It is also helpful for women after menopause.
- Prevents Gallstone- consumption of cashew nuts on a regular basis reduces the chances of developing gallstone by 25%
- Rich in vitamins- Cashew nuts are rich in vitamins like riboflavin, pantothenic acid, thiamin, niacin etc. These vitamins keep you safe from sideroblastic anemia, pellagra, etc.
Keep yourself healthy! Eat cashew nuts!