Who is it for? The Body Shop Mauritius Dahlia Matte Lip Liquid is for the people looking for a lightweight and velvety soft matte liquid lipstick in the shade ‘Dark Burgundy’ from a brand that is vegan and cruelty-free.
Price- 645 INR for 8 ml product
My Experience with The Body Shop Mauritius Dahlia Matte Lip Liquid
This liquid lipstick comes in a non-transparent tube corresponding to the shade that it contains. It has a matte black cap which looks really chic. The whole packaging resembles the packaging of NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. The wand is long and comfortable to hold and the doe foot applicator is perfect to apply the lipstick with precision. The tube consists of 8 ml of product. The information printed on the tube is either in white or black keeping in mind the shade of the matte lip liquid.
The texture of TBS’s matte lip liquid is very soft, velvety and creamy. It glides onto the lips very smoothly. It feels lightweight on the lips.
‘The Body Shop’ Matte Lip Liquid in the shade ‘Mauritius Dahlia’ is basically a dark burgundy shade, in layman’s term ‘a berry shade’. This shade looks beautiful on all the skin tone and throughout the year.
It has a sweet vanilla fragrance, very delicious to be honest! 😛
No, it doesn’t cause any irritation or itchiness as the product is Vegan (100% vegetarian)
I love using this product on my lips from time to time. It is my first ever burgundy lipstick. The application is really smooth and it feels super velvety and creamy on the lips. It turns matte after some time. It glides onto the lips like a lip gloss. It feels so lightweight that you wouldn’t even realize that you have a lipstick on. It is a nice bold color that would immediately turn your dull appearance into a stunning one. The brand is cruelty-free and vegan- another added advantage. But on the downside, it doesn’t give opaque color in one swipe, you need to build up the color with multiple application. It does transfer if you eat or drink something. You get a good stain on your lips but you also need to reapply it often. It doesn’t make my lips dry at all and therefore I really like it.
What do I like about this product?
- It doesn’t dry out the lips
- Feels comfortable on the lips after application
- The shade is beautiful
- The product is cruelty-free and vegan
- The texture is velvety soft and creamy
- It gives a nice soft matte finish
- It has a nice vanilla fragrance
- The applicator (doe foot) helps in precise application
What don’t I like about this product?
- Expensive for 8 ml product
- Takes some time to turn completely matte
- Isn’t highly pigmented (doesn’t give a lot of color in one swipe)
- Might look streaky on the first application
- Fades a little after eating oily food, needs a retouch
Would I recommend or repurchase?
I would surely recommend this product to all because the formula is really good. It feels really velvety and creamy and it gives a nice soft matte finish. It is handy and the shade is perfect for daily use. I would love to try out the other shades in this range.
My Rating- 4/5
More Body Shop Lipsticks?
- The Body Shop Lipstick Goa Magnolia Review + Swatches
- The Body Shop Color Crush Lipstick 325 Review
- The Body Shop Liquid Matte Lipstick Tahiti Hibiscus Review
- The Body Shop True Matte Rio Fuchsia Lipstick (423) Review
- The Body Shop Havanna Red Matte Lipstick (410) Review
- The Body Shop Sicily Iris Matte Lip Liquid Lipstick Review