Product Purchased by GlossyPolish.I am a matte lipstick lover but at the same time, I have got naturally dry lips. On days, when my lips are not properly exfoliated and moisturized, I reach for creamier lip products in place of matte lipsticks. Lip glosses are my best friends for the dry lip days. I generally opt for a shimmer-free pink lip gloss. I feel pink glosses give fresh and youthful lips. Recently I got my hands on Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss Kir Sugar. I used to use and love glitter glosses from Lakme’s Starshine range but unfortunately, this range got discontinued. On hand swatch, this gloss looked almost like starting glosses but its performance revealed many more important facts. Want to know more? Keep reading!
Table of Contents
Details about Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss Kir Sugar
What is it?
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Lip Gloss Kir Sugar has a shimmery formula highlights the natural tone of the lips with shine and sheer color. This gloss is formulated with a blend of avocado and jojoba oils for immediate hydration, plus aloe extract to soothe lips and keep them feeling comfortable, plus nourishing vitamins C and E.
Price- Rs.2300 for 7ml
Shelf Life-36 months from the date of manufacturing
Sensitive Skin Alert?
My Experience with Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss Kir Sugar
Packaging- This lip gloss comes in a transparent plastic tube with a shiny black screw lid. There is a doe-foot applicator wand attached to the lid for applying the gloss. The packaging is sleek, sturdy and small in size. It would fit even in the smallest purses. There is no leakage issue with this gloss tube and the applicator head assists to apply the gloss properly.
Shade & Texture- The shade Kir Sugar is a maroonish pink with tiny golden shimmers. The shade has comfortable warmth in it. Though this shade would look good on every undertone, it would complement yellow based Indian skin tones really well. This lip gloss has very thick texture; thicker than Lakme and Street Wear lip glosses. It spreads evenly though. Its texture is able to fill the fine lines of my lips and that is why this gloss gives a nice plump look.
Pigmentation and Staying Power- It is not a sheer shade. For a gloss, its pigmentation is remarkable. This Kir Sugar shade covers my medium pigmented lips in one swipe. It is highly likely that pigmented lips would also love this gloss. Since it is a gloss, its staying power is not comparable to matte lipsticks. It stays on for at least 5 hours without any meal or drink. It fades from the center of the lip. Generally, lip glosses transfer. This one transfers as well.
Fragrance- This lip gloss has a light mint fragrance. The fragrance is very similar to Maybelline’s Bright Out Loud Baby Lips lip balms. The fragrance gives a freshening effect to the senses. I love the smell!
Experience- This is a great lip gloss for warm skin tones like mine. I generally stay away from frosty lip products but this lip gloss has quickly become a favorite despite its shimmery finish. Its dense texture makes the lips look fuller and nourished. It shifts the attention from the fine lines of the lips with the help of its golden shimmers. It also gives a slight tingling sensation which feels cooling. The shade is also very pretty and goes well with light day makeup to shimmery evening looks. The shade is slightly darker and more brown than my perfect MLBB shade. Sometimes we need this kind of a shade to bring variety to our day to day looks. This lip gloss reminds me of Lakme’s old Starshine range shimmer glosses. Those glosses had slightly lighter formula than this one but they looked quite similar to my lips. I was disappointed when Starshine glosses were discontinued but now I have finally found a much better replacement.
Overall Performance of Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss Kir Sugar
- Beautiful maroonish pink shade
- Excellent pigmentation
- Fine golden shimmers
- Gives plump looking lips
- Does not accentuate fine lines of lips
- Keeps lips moisturized
- Light mint fragrance
- Gives cooling sensation
- Sleek and travel-friendly packaging
- Thick lip gloss; attracts hair strands
- Pricy for the quantity
- Starts fading from the center of the lips
Would I Repurchase or Recommend?
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Lip Gloss Kir Sugar is a wonderful maroon-pink lip gloss with remarkable pigmentation. This one has become a favorite and I am reaching for it whenever I need something shimmery for my lips. So, I might buy it again if I can’t find any better lip gloss at a better price. I would suggest it to someone who loves lip glosses and wants to invest in a plumping gloss with earthy tones.
More Bobbi Brown Makeup?
- Bobbi Brown BB Crème SPF 35 Review
- Bobbi Brown Brow Pencil Mahogany Review
- Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder Review
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15 Review
More Lip Glosses?
- Clinique Happy Heart + Cabana Crush Lip Gloss Duo!
- Freedom Makeup Pro Melts Up Freedom Lip Gloss Review + Swatches
- Best Lip Gloss | Faces Lip Gloss Mochaccino
- Essence XXXL Longlasting Lip Gloss 07 Silky Red Review
- The Body Shop Lip Gloss Shade 02 Review
- Lakme Absolute Plump And Shine Lip Gloss Gold Shimmer – Love The Bling
- L.A Colors Pout Matte Lip Gloss Sweet Lips Review
- Lotus Botanical Lip Gloss Seduction Ice Cube Review
- Lakme Absolute Plump and Shine Lip Gloss Pink Shine Review
- Lakme Absolute Plump and Shine Lip Gloss Candy Shine Review
- Max Factor Color Elixir Lip Gloss Captivating Ruby Review
- Bourjois Paris New Effet 3D Lipgloss 52 Corail Idyllic Review
- Essence XXXL Shine Lipgloss 07 Big Night Out Review
- 5 Streetwear Color Rich Mega Shine Lipglosses Reviewed for You!
- Colorbar Sheer Glass Lipgloss Red (01) Review
- Coloressence Liplicious Gloss Red Coral Review
- MAC Russian Red Lip Glass Review