Who is it for? Blue Heaven Xpression Lip Color Pencil 01 is a pink based red colored chubby lip pencil for those who are looking for a super affordable sharpenable lipstick in a shiny finish.
Price- Rs.75 for 2.5gm
Any Sensitivity Alert?
My Experience with Blue Heaven Xpression Lip Color Pencil 01
Packaging- This lip color comes in fat sharpenable pencil form. The body of the pencil is golden and a clear plastic cap protects the tip. This lip pencil comes in 6 different shades but once you lose the outer packaging, there is no way to identify the shade as the shade number is not mentioned anywhere in the lip pencil. The packaging is quite flimsy and the cap does not fit properly. Considering the price, it seems okay but these pencils are not at all travel-friendly.
Shade- The shade 01 is a pink based red with a shiny finish. There are no shimmery particles present in the formula. 01 is not a neon shade but bolder than brown based regular wear peach or mauve lipsticks. This shade would work across Indian complexions; from light to dark. Though it’s not a daily wear shade, it can be worn as a tint for an everyday sort of rosy lips.
Texture- The finish of the lip color is creamy and so is the formula. Like all the dark shade lip colors this also highlights flaky parts of the lips but it does keep the lips moisturized.
Pigmentation- Pigmentation is medium for this lipstick. It takes at least 3 swipes to give an even finish to my lips. It might not cover the pigmentations or darkness of the lips.
Staying Power- This one, like any other creamy lipsticks, transfers. It stays for about 3-4 hours without meals or drinks.
Fragrance- It does not have any added fragrance but it has an extremely faint castor oil kind of smell to it.
What did I like about it?
- Pinkish red shade
- Suits all skin tones
- Moisturizing formula
- Cream finish without shimmer
- Super affordable
What didn’t I like?
- Flimsy packaging
- Pigmentation is just okay
- Shade number is not mentioned anywhere in the lip pencil
- Staying power is average
- A tendency to highlight chapped lips
Would I Recommend?
Not this shade in particular. There are other better quality shades in this range.
Product Purchased by GlossyPolish
More Blue Heaven Products?
- Blue Heaven Foundation Xpression Pancake – Is it Worth Your Money ?
- Blue Heaven Nail Polish Remover – Cheapest and Effective !!
- Blue Heaven Mascara |Walk Free| Cheapest Water Proof Mascara that Actually Works?
- Blue Heaven Fashion Mascara Review
- Blue Heaven 605 Eyeshadow Review
- In Love with Blue Heaven Soft Kajal And Eyeliner (Self Sharpening) !
- Blue Heaven Liquid Mascara the Cheapest Mascara that Works!
- Blue Heaven Water Proof Eyeliner Review
- Blue Heaven Walk Free Lipstick LP 22 Review
- Blue Heaven diamond Blush On 504 Review
- Blue Heaven Classic Kajal Review
- Blue Heaven Sketch Eyeliner Review
beautiful swatches..loved your review Sreeparna…it is exactly to point and you have put it in so beautifully…as always :love :rose:
Thank you :love :rose:
So on point.. Love reading your reviews.. I am not into satin finishes these days.. Do they have matt version of these pencils ?
Thanks Prachi :love :rose:
Some shades are on the matte side but not completely matte pencils are available in this range..