Bhujangasana : For all of you guys who are new to the world of yoga, Bhujanasan is the one to start with. The word Bhujangasan is derived from two Sanskrit words bhujanga and asana, former meaning snake and latter pose. In English, it is also called the cobra pose. This yoga pose is also a part of the sequence of poses called suryanamaskar. The pose ensures proper stretching and strengthening of your back muscles. With more experience and strength one can increase their repetitions for better results. The pose requires you to lie down on your abdomen, and raise your torso like an actual snake by pressuring your palms against the ground, raise as high as possible for a thorough stretch.
Benefits of bhujangasan :
- It strengthens your back
- It is beneficial for kidney and liver functioning
- It soothes anger and helps in reducing temper
- It stretches your chest as well as abdomen
- It firms the buttocks
How to do bhujangasan?
- Lie down on the ground with your stomach touching the ground and place your palms right under your shoulder.
- Make sure your elbows are close to your body and keep your neck neutral to avoid any unwanted pressure.
- Slowly start inhaling and pushing down your palms to raise your chest.
- Keep your core engaged and raise your quads but keep your toes pressed against the floor.
- Repeat this pose 1-3 times in the beginning and increase your repetitions eventually.
More Yoga Poses?
- VRIKSHASANA: THE TREE ASANA
- Sukhasana – All You Need to Know!
- Halasana Benefits – All You Need to Know!
- Yoga for Hips !!
- Try These Yoga Poses for Lower Back Pain
- Combat Stress with these 5 Easy-Peasy Yoga Poses!!
Its for me as it soothes anger ????
Loved your article khusboo , very well explained ???
This pose helps with the backpain… I do this in between my long study hours..
Yoga is ❤️