Celebrity trends have always been followed by us. We want to know exactly who is eating what and we start eating the same hoping to get that glow or spend hours in the sun getting that sun-kissed look we saw on one of our favorite stars. The newest trend on the hook brought by celebrities is the Balayage Ombre hair. New name – new process.
Gone are the days when people bleached now it’s all about the balayage or the ombré. The ombré trend hit the world like a big yellow school bus and everyone could be seen with it. Ombré is generally the technique of coloring your hair from the top in darker shades and slowly drifting towards lighter shades as you go down the length of the hair. Now here comes the next big thing Balayage which means Sweeping in French. As the name suggests it means sweeping the color through the hair rather than creating a more defined distinguishable hair color streak. It involves blending all the various shades of hair color to make your hair look colored and natural. Unlike traditional methods which used foils and hair separators to create different colored strands, Balayage involves using a free hand to blend the color to make it look all natural and soft. Also, balayage looks best on hair that is wavy because that way the hair reflects light in all the different angles which helps the color to show up differently from different sides.
Pros of balayage-
- The crown is colored from the roots so in case of regrowth one doesn’t have to rush for a retouch appointment.
- Gives a more natural finish to your hair
- Suitable for people who have a busy schedule and can’t afford the time for their weekly salon trips.
- No need to straighten your hair to a pinpoint because the natural wavy hair looks best with balayage.
- Balayage highlights your features by adding the color at the right places which gives your face a more perky and fresh look.
Cons of Balayage
- Once the coloring is done you need to seal your hair with a toner. This toner is usually washed off in a couple of weeks so you need to get the toner done time and again which again means more and more expenditure.
- Also, the bleach used in Balayage cab stiffen the hair or cause damage by making the hair brittle. It’s important to seal in the moisture by external hydrating supplements like hair masks, regular oiling, hair creams etc.
- Balayage is a lot more expensive than your traditional methods of coloring.
- Balayage also looks best on wavy hair so if your hair is naturally straight or lack waves you might have to pick up those curling rods and continuous use of that can make your hair drier!
Balayage is still a great technique for coloring which I think can be kept going for a long way with the right care. Question is do you want the color enough to go ahead with the maintenance. Also, I think it’s a great option if you are new to the world of hair colors
because it will give you your hair but better and more natural looking look 🙂
I loved the bayalage thing but sounds like it needs too much attention and care.
Qual e o corte desse cabelo?