Bael Fruit and Bael Juice Benefits: Bael also commonly known as Wood Apple or Aegle marmelos is a sweet and aromatic fruit. It is a spiritual, religious and medicinal plant. The fruit takes about 10 to 11 months to ripen. It’s one of the few ayurvedic plants whose entire parts from root to leaves are used in the treatment of different diseases. Bael fruit is rich in alkaloids, polysaccharides, antioxidants, beta carotene, vitamin C, Vitamin B, and many other biochemical substances. It also contains tannins, calcium, phosphorous, iron, protein, and fiber.
Different Uses of Bael
- A very delicious squash can be made from bael fruit pulp, especially during summers.
- Bael tree’s tender leaves can be used as salads.
- Eating bael fruit helps in increasing appetite.
- The extracted oil is used to cure respiratory problems.
- It is used in the preparation of candy, squash, toffee, pulp powder, and other eatable products.
Health Benefits of Bael Fruit
- Diabetes prevention: It has a sweet bitter taste; it is full of antioxidants and helps to stimulate the pancreas to secrete insulin, which leads to the lowering of blood sugar. The leaves can be used against diabetes.
- Digestive disorders: It is very helpful for the health of the stomach and prevents ulceration, intestinal spasm thus beneficial in treating diarrhea, dysentery etc.
- Tuberculosis: In Ayurveda, it is used for the treatment of tuberculosis.
- Gynecological disorders: The regular consumption of Bael fruit helps to prevent gynecological related issues.
- Urinary diseases: Use of this fruit prevents the problems of urinary diseases.
- Fever prevention: Consuming bael leaf juice with honey is helpful in the prevention of fever.
- Piles treatment: The extract of unripe bael fruit is helpful in curing of piles and hemorrhoids.
- Fights ulcer: Due to its soothing effects on the digestive system, it leads to reduce the acidity level in the stomach thus useful in combating ulcers like gastric ulcers, gastroduodenal ulcers, etc.
- Prevents constipation: Adding a small amount of black pepper and salt to the pulp and consuming it regularly removes toxins from the intestines.
- Helps in heart diseases: The juice of ripe bael fruit, when mixed with ghee and added to the daily diet, prevents heart diseases.