Anushka Shetty whose real name is Sweety Shetty is a popular South Indian actress. Popular for her roles in various Tamil and Telugu films, Shetty became the highest-paid south Indian actress after the commercial success of her film Bahubali and its sequel. Anushka was highly appreciated both by critics and the general public alike for her lifelike portrayal of Devsena. Having spent a total of 15 years in the industry she has worked with the top actors of Kollywood and Tollywood. The sweetheart of the South Indian film industry prefers to stay without makeup so Anushka is often known to be seen with little or no makeup.
- Name: Sweety Shetty
- Stage Name: Anushka Shetty
- Nickname: Mac
- Marital status: single
- Parents: A.N. Vittal Shetty Prafulla Shetty
- Date Of birth: 7th November 1981
- Religion: Hindu
- Educational Qualifications: Graduation in BCA from Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru
- Height: 5’9
- Sun sign: Scorpio
- Place of birth: Puttur, Mangalore, Karnataka
- Eye color: dark brown
- Hair color: Black
Favorites of Anushka:
- Favorite food: Chicken dishes
- Favorite Actor: Akkineni Nagarjuna and Mahesh Babu
- Favorite Actress: Julia Roberts, Simran, and Jyotika
- Favorite Film: salt
- Favorite Color: Black and white
- Favorite Destination: London
- Favorite book: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Favorite sports: Tennis and Cricket
Anushka has been ranked the most desirable women by multiple sources such as Hyderabad Times, Kannada Times etc. She has a hobby for reading and Traveling. She is also a certified yoga instructor, before venturing into films she has previously worked as a yoga teacher. She charges around 3 crores per movie. She neither smokes nor drinks.
Family and Relationships:
Anushka was born in Mangalore into a landed Bellipady Uramalu Guthu family. She has two brothers, one is a cosmetic surgeon and another one is a businessman. During her childhood she really enjoyed geography. She is also a yoga instructor, trained under Bharat Thakur. She was a renowned yoga master before she turned to act. She had been rumored to date the popular director Krish in the past and is currently actively associated with her Bahubali co-star Prabhas.
It was her yoga teacher who motivated he to try her luck in films. Her debut film Super was released in 2005, directed by Puri Jagannadh she was featured alongside Nagarjuna and Ayesha Takia. In 2006 she did 4 films one of which being directed by S.S Rajamouli which gave her initial success. One of her Telugu films Arundhati (2009) became the second highest-grossing Telugu film of all-time. She is quite a dedicated actress, For the film Size Zero (2015), she needed to gain 20kgs weight or to chose a fat suit but instead of wearing a fat suit, she gained 20kgs weight. She portrayed a prostitute in Krish’s critically acclaimed anthology film Vedam which stars Allu Arjun released in 2009 for which she won a Filmfare award for best actress. Her Singham 1 and Singham 2 released in 2010 and 2013 respectively also did well at the box office. She starred opposite Rajinikanth in the film Linga which received mixed reviews. Her second release of 2015, is the first part of Baahubali directed by S. S. Rajamouli which went on to become one of the top-grossing films in the Indian film industry. Her next release was Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) for which she reprised her role of Devasena, Anushka received widespread acclaim for her performance as Yuvarani Devasena. In 2018, in the horror-thriller female-centric film Bhaagamathie, Shetty played the main lead as Chanchala, an IAS officer, who is sent to prison after killing her fiancé. Her performance was lauded by the audience and critics alike.
Awards and accolades
- For her film Arundhati she got the Filmfare award for best actress, Telugu, Nandi Special Jury awards, Cinemaaa award for best actress, South Scope Cine Award for Best Actress and Santosham best actress award.
- For her film vedham, she got the best actress award by Filmfare, Cinema, and Santosham.
- For her film Deivathirumagal she got Tamil Nadu State Film Award Special Prize.
- In 2011 she received Kalaimamani Award by Tamil Nadu State Government
- She was also been felicitated with TSR Lalitha Kala Parishath Award.
- For Bahubali 2 she got the Cinegoers Association best actress Award, Filmfare best actress award for telugu film and Behindwoods Gold Medals